This project is read-only.

Issue connecting to database

Mar 24, 2008 at 6:54 PM
Hi,

First thanks for making this much needed Open Source application to compare database.

Unfortunately I had not been able to use it :-(, I'm having problems connecting to my databases, I'm sure the connection info I type in on source and target is correct and I get a "Test successful" message when I press the "Test Connection" button.

The problem is that when I press Compare I get "Invalid database connection. Please check the database connection" message.

I had try Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication with the same results.

I can connect fine to the databases using SQL Server Enterprise Manager.

Mar 25, 2008 at 3:39 AM
Hi Darkvader, thanks for test the application. I really want to support all errors.

Open DBDiff is in beta, for that reason, there still a lot of bugs...
But, I upload today a new release. I don't think that will be fix your error, but if you download this new version and send to me the error description, I will try to fix your error.

Thanks!

PD: Which version (including Service Packs) of SQL Server are you using??
Sep 11, 2008 at 1:07 AM
Hello,

I am getting an error like DARKVADER described.  I have run the "Test Connection" on both my connections and they work out fine, but when I do the compare it says the db connection is invalid.

I am using the Beta 4 release of DBDiff and am pointing to a locally installed SQL Express 2005 using Windows Authentication on a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine.

If you can tell me how to determine patch levels for the SQL Server I would be happy to provide that information.  Any ideas on how to address this?
Apr 6, 2011 at 11:19 AM

same here

same errro by reading text objects from source database

this is with beta 8.5

btw, it was working just fine till last week or so

dunno what happened lately

Oct 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Has this problem been resolved? I am getting this error with Beta Version 8.5.
Oct 2, 2013 at 10:17 AM
i havent used the project in years
vs now has built in db diffing
all the best