Settings for Windows 7?

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Hi all,

what do I need to do to get this running on Windows 7 64bit Professional? I've also tried some compatibility settings but I  could not get it started.

Thanks!

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:50 AM

Hi Kai, you need to replace the System.Data.SQLite.dll with the 64-bit version. You can get it from here: http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com/

Go to latest file releases, download the latest binaries and extract the 64-bit version from the bin/x64 directory.

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2010 at 11:46 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Codeplex user Gionet has posted a posting a build of the executable with the reference to the 64-bit SQL Lite dll (mentioned above) which will run on 64-bit machines.

Pending patch 6463 (download) should resolve this issue for both 32-bit and 64-bit users.

After this patch, Open DBDiff will build as a 32-bit project which should be compatible with 64-bit machines. This workaround was proposed by CodePlex user teleyah on workitem 9565. For your convenience, updated binaries are included in the patch alongside the updated src.zip.

Related Work Items:

• 10571 - Open DBDiff has stopped working
  • 9565 - Program immediately crashes when opened
  • 9527 - BadImageFormatException was unhandled

The updated projects reference the following assemblies from the Open DBDiff 0.8.5 release (also in the patch's binaries folder) from the solution root:

• Ascend.dll
  • Ascend.Resources.dll
  • Ascend.Windows.Forms.dll
  • DBDiff.SciLexer32.dll
  • System.Data.SQLite.Dll